Jack McGovern (center) meets the Inaugural Foundation Travel Grant Awardees at the 2019 Advances in Pediatric Retina course in Salt Lake City. From left to right is Lauren Wright, Giovanna Enriquez, Luis Chimal, Jack McGovern, Margaret Reynolds, Omar Moinuddin, and Ella Leung.
The Jack McGovern Coats’ Disease Foundation is now accepting applications for 2020 Travel Grants. These grants are being offered to Retina and Pediatric Retina Specialists within their first five years of practice
Since 2006, the Jack McGovern Coats’ Disease Foundation has been working to support the medical community’s efforts to investigate the causes of and to improve treatments for Coats’ Disease, with the goal of finding a cure. We are offering Travel Grants for junior doctors and researchers to attend the 2020 Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) Conference in Baltimore, Maryland on May 3-7, 2020. (https://www.arvo.org/annual-meeting)
Our vision is to find a cure for Coats’ Disease. To achieve this, the Foundation is committed to these four goals: Build Awareness of Coats’ Disease; Raise Funds for Research; Fund Research; and Build Patient Resources, such as a Doctor Directory. We have also established a Patient Registry for researchers to access.
By sponsoring travel to conferences for new professionals, we hope to raise awareness about the Jack McGovern Coats’ Disease Foundation and our efforts to encourage research into this disease.
- Summary of Academic Background and Training (one paragraph) or a current CV.
- Description of your desired travel (including a timeline for when you will depart and return) and a detailed budget (e.g. transportation, lodging/accommodations, and per diem expenses).
- Information about your current practice.
- Brief statement (1-2 paragraphs) detailing your experience and interest in Coats’ Disease. Include (if applicable) any prior or ongoing research, publications, or presentations relevant to Coats’ Disease.
- Brief statement (1-2 paragraphs) summarizing why attendance to the Conference would be meaningful. The summary may include how attendance may improve your understanding of Coats’ Disease; allow you to network with current or potential future collaborators on Coats’ Disease research; or allow you to present your current work.
- Grant Recipients will be asked to provide a brief summary at the conclusion of the conference including its impact on their understanding of Coats’ Disease and the current state of research on this Disease.
Please note: Summaries will be used by the Foundation to inform our supporters and donors of the value of this grant to your research and practice.
General Information and Use of Funds:
- Recipients may receive up to $2,000 to support the proposed travel and/or meeting registration dues.
- Deadline for Applications will be: March 7, 2020
- Notification of Grant Awards will be provided by: April 1, 2020
- Applications must be in PDF format and submitted via e-mail to Deborah Marron, Executive Director, Jack McGovern Coats’ Disease Foundation ([email protected]). Additional questions about proposal submission, proposal content and review, or applicant eligibility may be addressed to Deborah Marron at the e-mail specified above.
All submissions must be submitted as a PDF via email to Deborah Marron at [email protected]
Please visit our website to learn about Research Grant Opportunities supported by the Foundation for research into Coats’ Disease. https://coatsdiseasefoundation.org/research/apply-for-a-grant/