Update on Travel Grants available to researchers
The ASRS 2020 conference and the Retina Society 2020 annual meeting will be taking place virtually this year. Travel grants are available to cover registration fees. Please contact Dr. Deborah Marron, Executive Director, at [email protected] for additional information.
Travel Grants are also offered to attend the 2020 AAO conference in November in Las Vegas. Please see the Travel Grant application guidelines below for information.
Jack McGovern (center) meets the Inaugural Foundation Travel Grant Awardees at the 2019 Advances in Pediatric Retina course in Salt Lake City. From left to right is Lauren Wright, Giovanna Enriquez, Luis Chimal, Jack McGovern, Margaret Reynolds, Omar Moinuddin, and Ella Leung.
- Summary of Academic Background and Training (one paragraph) or a current CV;
- Description of your desired travel (including a timeline for when you will depart and return) and a detailed budget (e.g. transportation, lodging/accommodations, and per diem expenses);
- Information about your current practice;
- Brief statement (1-2 paragraphs) detailing your experience and interest in Coats’ Disease. Include (if applicable) any prior or ongoing research, publications, or presentations relevant to Coats’ Disease;
- Brief statement (1-2 paragraphs) summarizing why attendance to the Conference would be meaningful. The summary may include how attendance may improve your understanding of Coats’ Disease; allow you to network with current or potential future collaborators on Coats’ Disease research; or allow you to present your current work;
- Grant Recipients will be asked to provide a brief summary of the value of the conference and its impact on your understanding of Coats’ Disease and on your research and practice relative to Coats’ Disease.
Please note: Summaries – in part or in their entirety – will be shared by the Foundation with our supporters and donors to inform them of the value of the Travel Grant Program on Coats’ Disease research and practice.
General Information and Use of Funds:
- Recipients may receive up to $2,000 to support the proposed travel and/or meeting registration dues;
- Deadline for Applications for ASRS and Retina Society will be: July 1, 2020
- Deadline for Applications for AAO will be: September 1, 2020
- Applications must be in PDF format and submitted via e-mail to Deborah Marron, Executive Director, Jack McGovern Coats’ Disease Foundation ([email protected]). Additional questions about proposal submission, proposal content and review, or applicant eligibility may be addressed to Deborah Marron at the e-mail specified above.
Please visit our website to learn about Research Grant Opportunities supported by the Foundation for research into Coats’ Disease. https://coatsdiseasefoundation.org/research/apply-for-a-grant/