From the Jack McGovern Coats’ Disease Foundation:
- Questions you need to ask your doctor before undergoing treatment. Download Here
- Answers to the most frequently asked questions about Coats’ Disease.
- Find an ophthalmologist, one of our recommended doctors who treat Coats’ Disease patients, in our directory.
- Connect with other Coats’ patients and families through our Patient & Family Contact Directory.
- View videos about our work, Coats’ Disease and more on our YouTube channel.
- Find us on Facebook to join the conversation and meet other patient families.
On June 14, 2019, Dr. Michael Jumper presented a keynote address at the 2019 Advances in Pediatric Retina Course. Dr. Jumper’s presentation, titled “Coats’ Disease: Our Current State of Ignorance” can be found below.
From our partners and other foundations:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology – Providing authoritative information about eye care for the public and members.
- Know The Glow – ‘Know the Glow’ foundation aims to stop deadly eye disease in children by educating parents.
- Rare Connect Coats Disease Community for international and domestic families to connect.
- Association for Retinopathy of Prematurity and Related Retinal Diseases (ROPARD)
- Financial Assistance – National Institutes of Health – The cost of care for rare medical conditions can place a significant financial burden on families. This resource may help you find the financial support you need.
- International Financial Assistance – GARD Information Specialists
From the news:
- Foods to Improve Eye Health – Ancient Medicine Today, January 17, 2017
- Coats Disease Foundation Publishes Resource for Parents of Newly Diagnosed Children – PediatricNews.com, June 11, 2015
- Genentech, small foundation target genetics, treatment of rare eye disease – SF Business Times, May 13, 2014
- Lacrosse Player Raises Awareness of Coats Disease – College of the Holy Cross, February 23, 2016
- Viral Facebook Photo Helps Save Little Boy’s Eyesight – GoodHouseKeeping.com, July 20, 2015
- McGovern family creates visionary foundation to fight Coats Disease – St. Ignatius Genesis Magazine, April 13, 2016