𝗡𝗢𝗥𝗗 𝗟𝗮𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗔𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗥𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗜𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗖𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗗-𝟭𝟵
Dear Coats’ Community,
As a member of the National Organization of Rare Disorders (NORD), we are pleased to share a new initiative from NORD for rare disease patients impacted by COVID-19. Please read on for more information!
NORD’s COVID-19 Critical Relief Program provides much-needed financial assistance to members of the rare community affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This program is designed to provide assistance to the rare disease patient who has been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.(i.e. job loss, reduced work hours, quarantine, etc.).
The COVID-19 Rare Disease Critical Needs Non-Medical Assistance Fund provides eligible individuals impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with financial assistance for unexpected or emergency essential expenses, including:
· Unexpected utility expenses;
· Communication expenses (e.g. phone, cell phone, internet);
· Emergency repairs to car, furnace, home or major appliances;
· Assistance with travel and/or lodging logistics and expenses;
· Rent or mortgage payment assistance;
· Support for adaptive learning during school closures.
Patients must have a confirmed rare disease diagnosis and meet additional eligibility criteria. The need for which assistance is being sought must also meet the critical needs, non-medical essential criteria.